“The Leaders Circle provides a frank and open exchange of valuable experiences, among very talented Legal and Compliance leaders in many industries.”
- GC of industrial automotive manufacturer
Who is eligible?
By invitation, in-house counsel in the top legal role of a division, subsidiary, or geographic region in international corporations and organizations may join. Current members lead functions providing services across areas with business revenues from $2 to more than $25 billion. Titles include: Group GC, GC of global subsidiary, Chief Compliance Officer, regional GC, etc.
Members must meet at least two of these criteria:
- Your responsibility covers a business or area with revenues of more than US$2 billion
- Your organization is active in more than 6 countries
- The legal team you lead has at least 10 lawyers
“The collaborative power of the Global Counsel Leaders Circle is impressive. It's an affable group of strategic-minded legal and compliance leaders from some of the world's largest and most admired corporations."
- Tim Glassett, former GC, Hilton Hotels
Member fees and benefits
Advantages of Global Counsel Leaders Circle membership repay the cost many times, for each member and for your company. Upon acceptance and payment of the annual membership fee, Global Counsel Leaders Circle members enjoy these benefits:
- You can participate in any Global Counsel Leaders conference wherever it's held (2 in Europe, 2 in US annually, plus others). If you're unavailable or want a peer or direct report to benefit from participation, you can send someone in your place.
- You can attend shorter meetings among members, organized in 5-6 cities globally every year. The goal is member exchange and we often discuss hot topics.
- You receive summaries of all GCLC meetings globally and copies of all presentations.
- You take part in our bi-annual benchmarking and short polls held throughout the year. You receive a detailed report and can request more info when you want specifics. You can add benchmarking questions.
- You gain member access to the Global Counsel Leaders Circle website which is searchable. On the site, you can find the current events calendar, summaries and presentations of past events, member profiles, white papers, etc.
- You may use our query hotline for specific questions. GCLC organizers reach out to members and our contacts to quickly get input on a particular topic or need.
- You receive recommended readings about every 6 weeks - a wide selection of articles for global counsel leaders. Members and the Exec Director contribute articles.
- You may take advantage of 2 hours annually of my consulting time on a topic of your choice.
“The Global Counsel Leaders Circle brings together a very high quality and diverse mix of senior in-house counsel. The industries and geographies represented contribute significantly to the quality of the discussions and the variety of perspectives.”
- Michael Going, Chief Compliance Officer & Corporate Secretary, CNH Industrial
For questions about membership:
Contact Leigh Dance, Executive Director, Global Counsel Leaders Circle
Dance is also President of ELD International LLC, New York and Brussels
tel: +32 47 891 6184 / +1 631 375 8223